Trolley, Light Rail, etc.:
- North American Light Rail Systems The most complete list you can find.
- North American Vintage Trolley Systems by John Smatlak All the heritage lines in existence and those planned.
- Light Rail Now Advocates…interesting site.
- Market Street Railway, San Francisco Great town but how did we let them take the lead?
- Trolley Museum of New York Kingston, NY, a neighbor; just a day trip from Brooklyn.
- Shore Line Trolley Museum East Haven, CT, another neighbor; also a day trip.
- Connecticut Trolley Museum East Windsor, CT, a bit further but still close enough.
- Museum Links If the museums above aren’t enough, here are a few more.
- Photos From Don Harold A real treat.
Neighbors and info: Brooklyn & beyond:
- Brooklyn Online All about Brooklyn.
- Brooklyn Genealogy Talk about information…
- Atlantic Avenue Betterment Association Our good friend Sandy Balboza.
- Atlantic Ave. More listings on one of Brooklyn’s showcases.
- Brooklyn Wooden Boatbuilding Museum Success to the return of another Brooklyn icon.
- Forgotten New York Phenomenal site…a must visit again and again. NYC with a real New Yorker.
- Old NYC Take a tour; take several.
- The Joe Korner Plenty here to keep you busy.
- Coney Island You haven’t lived until you’ve been…and this is the site to start you off.
- Astroland, Coney Island Home of the Cyclone, still the world’s greatest coaster, and plenty of other stuff.
- Wonder Wheel, Coney Island The world’s greatest Ferris Wheel and loads of other things.
- Hello Brooklyn Lots of info.
Heroes & friends; odds & ends:
- Independence Community Foundation They help us and so many others.
- Brooklyn Law School Our favorite lawyers.
- Nonprofit Connection Help for those who help.
- Tech Soup Tech help & software for nonprofits.
- Metropolitan Waterfront Alliance What would our waterfront be like without them?
- TreeBranch Network Protecting our environment and improving our urban quality of life.
- Brooklyn Greenway Working to keep us green.
- Auto Free New York Great organization…as do we, they’d rather ride the trolley.
- Transportation Alternatives What’s the alternative to fume spewing cars and buses? Another great group.
- Straphangers Ever diligently looking out for transit riders.
- Explorer Press Great trolley books.
- Waterfront Museum It’s rapidly become a must see.
- Cultural Research Divers Great project…great people.
- Kenn Lowy’s Blog Our good friend and member of our Board always has something interesting and informative.
- Brooklyn Bridge Park Defense Fund Judi Francis & Co. crusading for justice.